The schedule of bank holidays for June 2023 has been made public by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Banks will be closed in several states throughout the month of June in addition to the usual weekends because of celebrations like Rath Yatra, Kharchi Puja, and Eid ul Azha.
According to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) regulations, banks will be closed on all national holidays, with certain state-specific regional holidays. Local state administrations determine regional holidays.
The three types of holidays—”Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act,” “Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday,” and “Banks' Closing of Accounts”—come into force on certain dates.
People often wonder how long banks will be closed in June. A trip to the bank is required for a variety of duties, from straightforward cash withdrawals to obtaining drafts and more. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has ordered the replacement of the Rs 2,000 notes, which has increased the commotion. There is plenty of time to take advantage of this opportunity since the deadline for exchanging these notes is scheduled for September 30, 2023 (2000 Rupee Note Exchange). It is important to highlight that if one plans to do necessary bank-related business at this time, June, a month filled with holidays (June 2023 Bank Holiday List), may provide some difficulties.
Want to Exchange or Deposit Rs. 2,000 Notes at the Bank? Read This. Here is an Instructional Guide.
These banks will close in June 2023:
Sunday, June 4, 2023.
• Second Saturday, June 10, 2023.
• Sunday, June 11, 2023
• On June 15, 2023, banks in Mizoram and Odisha will be closed in observance of Raja Sankranti.
Sunday, June 18, 2023.
• On June 20, 2023, banks in Odisha will close as a result of the Rath Yatra.
• Fourth Saturday, June 24, 2023
• Sunday, June 25, 2023
• On June 26, 2023, Tripura's banks will close in observance of Kharchi Puja.
• On June 28, 2023, banks in Kerala, Maharashtra, and Jammu & Kashmir close in observance of Eid Ul Azha.
• June 29, 2023: Other states will shut their banks in observance of Eid ul Azha.
• Mizoram and Odisha banks will be closed on June 30, 2023, in observance of Reema Eid Ul Azha.
Due to the infrequent or brief nature of holidays, people won't have any difficulties carrying out their banking-related duties. ATMs, cash deposits, internet banking, and mobile banking will all continue to operate as usual. Since holidays are chosen while taking into account regional celebrations, they may differ from state to state.